Welcome To Beacon House
Beacon House is a privately run non-profit organization that works in conjunction with the medical care community to ensure patient access to care. As the Upper Peninsula’s only hospitality house, Beacon House oversees the facilities at two locations, 33 private rooms at Beacon House and 21 rooms called Hospitality Rooms at UPHS – Marquette.
Over 175,000 guest night stays have been provided since Beacon House opened in June 2002. Beacon House is one of the largest hospitality houses in the nation and accommodates a large number of patients, caregivers and family members.
During check in hours, you’ll be greeted by one of hospitality hosts who will show you all around Beacon House and explain how our donation based program works. Our guest rooms are clean and accommodating, with one or two beds.
Our comfortable, convenient, and homelike atmosphere inspires hope, emotional support and shared strength among families dealing with serious illness. Accommodations include:
- Close proximity to UP Health System and Peninsula Medical Center
- 33 clean, comfortable private rooms with baths (Each room sleeps 2-4)
- Four handicapped friendly accessible rooms
- Cribs and wheelchairs available
- Family-friendly dining area with 3 complete kitchen work stations (complimentary coffee and bagels)
- Warm and welcoming lounge areas for guests to relax, watch TV or chat with others
- Private lounge for our radiation and chemotherapy patients
- Fun-filled playroom on-site for children
- Computer room and wireless internet
- Coin-operated laundry facilities
- Ample parking next to building
- Caring, helpful staff