To operate a safe, supportive and compassionate hospitality house for patients receiving medical care and for their loved ones
Beacon House is a privately run non-profit organization that works in conjunction with the medical care community to ensure patient access to care.
- To have a positve impact on the life of each guest that enters our doors and treat them with dignity and respect
- To serve guests of all ages and medical need, regardless of their ability to pay
- To provide an environment that promotes healing, emotional support, shared strength and comfort
- To provide patient-centered services as a valued partner of the health care community
Over 165,000 served
Over 150,000 guest night stays have been provided since Beacon House opened in June 2002. With 33 private guest rooms, Beacon House is one of the largest hospitality houses in the nation and accommodates a large number of patients, caregivers and family members.
Beacon House is located at 1301 North Third Street in Marquette (near several restaurants and shops) and is just a five minute walk or short drive from Marquette General Health System. From the hospital, it is only a few blocks further to Peninsula Medical Center.
Beacon House operates on a donation basis and guests are expected to contribute at a level that is affordable for them.
Reliant on your generosity
As a charitable 501(c)(3) organization, our fiscal sustainability is solely reliant on the generosity of our partners:
- The Health Care Community
- Guest Donations
- Service Clubs
- Community Organizations
- And all those who understand that the need for Beacon House may only be a heartbeat away