Beacon House becomes a home away from home for patients and families that travel across the U.P. to receive specialty medical care at U.P. Health System- Marquette and the Upper Peninsula Medical Center. The private, nonprofit, donation-based organization ensures that families never have to ask, “Where am I going to stay and how am I ever going to be able to afford it?” during a medical crisis.
- To have a positive impact on the life of each guest that enters our doors and treat them with dignity and respect
- To serve guests of all ages and medical need, regardless of their ability to pay
- To provide an environment that promotes healing, emotional support, shared strength and comfort
- To provide patient-centered services as a valued partner of the health care community
Beacon House operates on a donation basis and guests are expected to contribute at a level that is affordable for them.
Reliant on your generosity
As a charitable 501(c)(3) organization, our fiscal sustainability is solely reliant on the generosity of our partners:
- The Health Care Community
- Guest Donations
- Service Clubs
- Community Organizations
- And all those who understand that the need for Beacon House may only be a heartbeat away